200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
Learn to Teach and Immersion
The 4th Avenue Yoga Teacher Training Program celebrates many styles that have evolved from the ancient practice of yoga. Whether your passion is for a rigorous vinyasa or restorative practice, this teacher training certification program provides you with the tools to bring your passion to others. This program is also perfect for the individual who wants to delve deeper into their yoga practice. Learn the philosophy behind the poses and much more!
The 4th Avenue Yoga Teacher Training faculty come from a variety of yoga influences and traditions, bringing a rainbow of yogic insight to the training. Together, these teachers bring over 50 years of teaching experience to the program. Each teacher is able to bring their own brand of yoga and speak their own voice and purpose. This is a training opportunity that provides a nurturing space where each student can find his/her voice in their own practice or teaching
2019 Dates (tentative)
- May 3, 4, 5 and 17, 18, 19
- Jun 7, 8, 9 and 21, 22, 23
- Juy 12, 13, 14 and 26, 27, 28
- Aug 9, 10, 11 and 23, 24, 25
- Sep 6, 7, 8
Tuition and Expenses
- Tuition is $3,400 - Payment plan is available
- $3,100 - If paid in full (half upon application/half before start)
- Contact Roscha for details
- Student and Asana Manual
- All Classes
- Journaling Book
- Anatomy Coloring Book
Does Not Include
- Additional textbooks that are required reading.
- Overnight accommodations (possible host families available).
- Yoga Philosophy
- What is Yoga?
- Western vs. Classical
- Origins of Yoga
- Styles and Types of Yoga
- What are the 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Great Yoga Masters
- Understanding the Teacher Student Relationship
- The Study of the Poses (over 100 poses)
- What Makes Up a Pose
- Category of Poses
- Basic Anatomy
- Practicing Meditation
- Leading Meditation
- Styles of Meditation
- What is the Difference Between a Mudra and a Mantra?
- What is the Darth Vader Breath?
- Why are Breathing Techniques Important?
- What is a bandha? A Nadi?
Fundamentals of Teaching
- Developing a Class
- Sequencing Concepts
- Creating a Style that is an Expression of You
- Creating a Level 1 vs. a Level 2 Class
- Building a Class to a "Peak Pose"
- Preparing a Class for More Challenging Poses
- Creating a Class Theme
- Adjustments – How and When to Do Them
Qualities of a Yoga Teacher
- Classroom Boundaries
- Teacher/Student Relationship
- Your Role as a Teacher
- Creating a Business Plan
- Linking Your Passion and Dream to Your Reality